A Longton Hall porcelain saucer dish.
Painted by ‘The Castle Painter’ with a turreted castle on an island, with a church tower within a fenced enclosure and a sailing ship on the left, brown line rim.
Diam. 8 inches
This style of decoration is traditionally attributed to John Hayfield who is listed as a painter at the factory in an agreement in 1755.